Conferences & Guest Services


Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions regarding Conferences and Guest Services at Elmhurst College. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact us directly.

What kind of food service is available on campus?
Chartwells Food Services offers both catering services and a full-service cafeteria.

Is Internet access provided?
Yes, every building on the Elmhurst campus offers free wireless access to all conference guests.

Is audiovisual equipment available?
Yes. Most classrooms and meeting rooms come equipped with audio/visual equipment. If the room does not already have the tools you need, we can always work something out—so long as you give us proper notice.

What type of lodging is available?
On campus, you may choose from six different residence halls. West Hall, Cureton Hall and Stanger Hall, the air-conditioned residences, offer a choice between suite-style rooms, singles and doubles. Schick Hall, Niebuhr Hall and Dinkmeyer are not air conditioned, but still available for use. West, Cureton and Stanger fill up quickly, so make sure to get your request in as early as possible.

Is the campus available to rent on holidays?
No. The Elmhurst College campus is closed on holidays and holiday weekends.

Does Elmhurst College provide transportation?
Elmhurst does not provide transportation services for insurance reasons, but we would be happy to provide a list of taxi and limo services in the area.

Is parking available on campus?
Elmhurst College offers free campus parking to visitors; however, it may be difficult to find a parking spot during the academic year. Parking is always first-come, first-served.

Can we set up our own equipment, signage, seating, etc.?
You’ll need to get our approval on any signage you post, but we are available to help you create signs if necessary. The College provides seating, but if you have additional needs you may bring it as approved by our office.

Do I need to sign a waiver or release in order to rent facilities at the College?
You will need a Certificate of Insurance to use our facilities. The requirements for the certificate are as follows:

  • $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury
  • $1,000,000 per occurrence for property damage
  • $3,000,000 aggregate

The “description of operations” section should state:

Elmhurst College is shown as additional insured with respect to general liability coverage as evidenced herein with respect to the premises leased/rented/borrowed by the named insured(s).

Insurance is waived for weddings.

Is Elmhurst College accessible for all attendees?
All buildings except Memorial Hall and Niebuhr Hall are handicapped accessible. In addition, West Hall and Cureton Hall offer ADA-accessible housing.

Will other groups or individuals be on campus during our meeting or event?
With six different housing facilities, we normally host a number of events at the same time. However, we do our best to make sure that your group members are housed together as requested.

Will I have a written contract for my event?
Yes, we will work with you to establish a contract that is specific to your individual needs.

Does the College employ a full-time staff that will be available during meetings and events?
Your event manager is always available to you during summer conferences and one-day events. Conference housing assistants staff the residence halls during summer residential conferences. In addition, a team of interns support Conferences and Guest Services needs throughout the year.



Share |

Follow Us: Flickr YouTube Instagram

Elmhurst College • 190 Prospect Avenue • Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296 • (630) 279-4100


Undergraduate Admission • (630) 617-3400 • (800) 697-1871 •


School for Professional Studies • (630) 617-3300 • (800) 581-4723 •


Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy Admission • (630) 617-3752 •


Technical SupportPrivacy Policy