New Student Guide
Your Elmhurst College Technology Account allows you access to the systems on campus. You will need to access each of these systems below individually to finalize your activation and change your initial, temporary password.
- If you have already accessed and changed your password to any of these systems below, please do NOT repeat the process.
- If you connect to the Internet with AOL software, you must minimize the AOL web browser and launch Internet Explorer or another conventional web browser before accessing BlueNet and Blackboard.
BlueNet is the administrative system of the College. This is where you will register for classes, obtain your class schedules, check your grades and use other administrative services. The first time you access BlueNet you will be prompted to change your password. If you already have activated BlueNet, disregard the following directions:
- Go to Bluenet and click Login.
- Enter your Technology Account username and password printed on the card. Click the Submit button.
- As prompted, create and enter a new password with six to nine characters that includes numbers and letters. Click the Submit button.
Blackboard is a course management system that many instructors use as a teaching tool on campus. Your professor will advise you if Blackboard is being used for your course.
- Go to Blackboard.
- Enter your Technology Account username and password. Click the Login button.
- Click Personal Information in the Tool box on the left.
- Click Change Password on the next screen. Although you can enter any password you want here, we suggest that you enter the one you choose for BlueNet. Click the Submit button.
E-mail Activation and Library Access
Elmhurst College has partnered with Google to provide students with e-mail access. All students have been assigned a Google Apps for Education account. Your e-mail username and password also allows you to access the online resources and databases of the A.C. Buehler Library when you are off campus and to access the College’s private intranet.
- Go to Academic Computing and click New Students Start Here under Technology Account Activation and read the information presented on the series of explanatory pages.
- On the Technology Account Management page, enter your Technology Account username and temporary password in the first two boxes. Enter and confirm a new password in the next two boxes. Your password must be a minimum of six characters, but cannot be a dictionary word. It is recommended that this be the same password you selected for BlueNet and Blackboard.
- Choose three security questions and provide the answer to each in the boxes provided. If you forget your password, you can recover it or get a new one by correctly answering security questions.
- Review the College Policy and click the Activate button.
Accessing Your E-mail and Google Apps
The College’s Google Apps and Gmail cannot be accessed at Google’s main web site. Instead use the following links:
For specific technology help and support, please visit the help desk or contact us for immediate service.