What Tests Should I Take?
Please take a moment to review the information below and select the Placement Tests you need to take. Please note that placement tests must be taken PRIOR to your Advising and Registration session.
The following majors should take the math placement test if you are NOT transferring in a college-level math course:
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- All Business majors
- Computer Science, Computer Game and Entertainment, Information Systems
- Math majors and minors
Ask your Admissions Counselor about any math courses you’ve taken at previous colleges if you have questions about the transferability of courses.
Foreign Language Placement
Take the French, German or Spanish placement test if you studied one of these languages in high school, but did not complete two full years of language needed to meet the proficiency requirement.
Take the French, German or Spanish placement test if you are interested in continuing within one of these languages at Elmhurst, but did not take any college level courses in that language.
The EC Integrated Curriculum requires all students to complete or test out of a full-year writing/composition sequence. Many transfer students have already completed two college-level composition courses. Ask your Admissions Counselor about the transferability of any composition courses you’ve taken at previous colleges.
If you haven’t taken any composition courses, you may still be eligible to meet the Composition I (English 105) proficiency through the following:
- By taking the optional Writing Placement Test
- If you have earned a 3 or above on the Advanced Placement English Language exam or a 5 or above on the International Baccalaureate English A1, A2 or B higher level exam
- If you have earned a composite ACT score of 29 or an SAT score of 1900 or above
Successful completion of any of the above will allow you to register directly for Composition II (English 106).
I plan to take the: