To apply for admission, please submit:
- An application for admission to graduate study.
- Recommendations from three academic or professional acquaintances who can comment knowingly on your leadership qualities, communication skills, personal motivation, and capacity to succeed in graduate study.
- A statement of purpose (1,000 words) describing your personal and professional goals and how the completion of the graduate degree will enhance them.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
- A current résumé documenting your work history. Please provide enough detail to document levels of responsibilities, areas of professional growth, and prior professional training experiences.
- Students may apply to this program for the Fall Term only.
In addition, the program coordinator may request an interview with you.
Students from outside the United States must also submit the following:
- An official evaluation in English by a foreign credentials agency of all university transcripts (along with copies of the transcripts themselves).
- Proof of English proficiency, as evidenced by a minimum range of 520-537 on the paper-based and a range of 190-203 on the computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Program-specific Admission Requirements
If you do not hold an undergraduate degree in CS/IS or related work experience, the program coordinator may recommend that you complete prerequisite courses. You will need general knowledge of computer programming and proficiency in a programming language, especially VB.NET. The program does not require students to submit graduate examination scores.
All students must attend a summer online workshop before beginning the program.
To get an application:
- Apply online
- Download an application (pdf), complete it, and mail it to us
- Request an application by e-mail
- Call (630) 617-3300
- Write the Office of Adult and Graduate Admission, Elmhurst College, 190 Prospect Avenue, Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296