An internship is an excellent way to gain real world experience, increase your marketability and make professional connections. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you find the internship of your dreams.
- Attend CPE workshops about internships, resume writing and more.
- Review the Internship Guidelines (pdf) and complete the Student Internship Application (pdf).
- If you have trouble choosing three or four specific career areas you’d like to explore, talk with your faculty advisor and/or a career advisor to help you get focused.
- Create a resume.
- Set up an appointment with a career advisor to review and approve your resume.
- Identify internship sites in which you are interested in applying. Be sure to plan ahead!
- If you still haven't landed an internship after taking the steps above, contact the Office of Career Education.
Meanwhile, spend some time networking. Talk to your family, friends, professors and mentors about internships. Find out where other students in your department have worked. Check out the Career Resource Library in the CPE. And take advantage of our extensive list of online resources.
Questions? See our Internship Guidelines (pdf), or contact the Office of Career Education at Elmhurst College.