Notice of Public Meeting
Elmhurst College is preparing for the opening of its master’s program in speech-language pathology/communication sciences and disorders in the fall of 2013. In accordance with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s (ASHA) Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA), in order to proceed with the accreditation of such a program, the College must provide the opportunity for public comment. The CAA is seeking public comment as part of its review of the proposed graduate education program, which has submitted an Application for Candidacy.
A public meeting will be held on Thursday, February 28, 2013, from 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. in Room 103 of Circle Hall on the Elmhurst College campus at 190 Prospect Ave. in Elmhurst. For more information, call (630) 617-3555.
Instructions for Submitting Comments
Individuals who wish to provide input about a program seeking candidacy (preaccreditation) may do so in two ways:
- By submitting written comments prior to the accreditation site visit in accordance with the procedures specified in the Policy and Procedures on Public Comment, or
- By providing comments to the site visit team during the program's scheduled site visit.
All comments must:
- Relate to the program's compliance with the published Standards for Accreditation of Graduate Education Programs in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (Standards), effective January 1, 2008, and
- Identify the specific program seeking candidacy accreditation with the CAA.
- Comments that do not meet the requirements as articulated in the Policy and Procedures on Public Comment will not be considered, and the individual or group commenting will be so notified.
- The Standards and the CAA's Policy and Procedures on Public Comment are available on the ASHA website. These documents also may be obtained by sending a written request to the Accreditation Office at ASHA, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, by calling ASHA's Action Center at 800-498-2071, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.