The program admits returning professionals, college graduates who hold a baccalaureate degree, and senior accounting majors who are capable of graduate work.
To apply for admission, please submit:
- An application for admission to graduate study.
- Recommendations from three academic or professional acquaintances who can comment knowingly on your leadership qualities, communication skills, personal motivation, and capacity to succeed in graduate study.
- A statement of purpose (1,000 words) describing your personal and professional goals and how the completion of the graduate degree will enhance them.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
- A current résumé documenting your work history. Please provide enough detail to document levels of responsibilities, areas of professional growth, and prior professional training experiences.
- Students may apply to this program for the Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms.
In addition, the program coordinator may request an interview with you.
Students from outside the United States must also submit the following:
- An official course-by-course evaluation in English by a foreign credentials agency of all university transcripts (along with copies of the transcripts themselves).
- Proof of English proficiency, as evidenced by a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based and a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Prerequisite courses for the MPA program
If your undergraduate degree is not in accounting, you will need to complete Intermediate Accounting I and II, Cost Accounting, and Income Tax I. The way in which you meet these prerequisites depends on your status as a full-time or part-time student.
You may apply for conditional admission, which would guarantee your acceptance to the program once you pass prerequisite courses. You may be considered for conditional admission if it is possible for you to complete the prerequisites before the program begins. Under certain circumstances, the program coordinator may give you permission to begin graduate course work before completing the prerequisites.
The program does not require the submission of graduate examination scores.
To get an application:
- Apply online
- Download an application (pdf), complete it, and mail it to us
- Request an application by e-mail
- Call (630) 617-3300
- Write the School for Professional Studies, Elmhurst College, 190 Prospect Avenue, Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296