Residence Life



Residence Life

» Sign Up for Housing

Sign Up for Housing

Join the residential community at Elmhurst! It takes just five easy steps.

Step 1 Activate you Elmhurst Technology Account.  Please go to to activate your account.  For assistance with your eNumber or password contact Academic Technology Services at (630) 617-3767.

Step 2:  Housing Deposit.  Submit your $300 non-refundable housing deposit to the Office of Student Accounts.  The deposit is required to consider your application completed.  Applications are assigned in order of completion date.

Step 3:  Housing Deposit Form.  Please download and complete the Housing Deposit form and submit it with your deposit.  You may check your deposit status by logging on to The Elmhurst College Portal, (eNumber and password required).  Go to Bluenet Services, then go to Residence Life, click on "Room and Tuition Deposit Status."  Once you've decided to attend Elmhurst College you must pay the non-refundable tuition deposit (due by May 1).  It is not required that you pay the tuition and housing deosit simultaneouly.

Step 4:  Apply Online.  Log on to The Elmhurst College Portal, (eNumber and password required), then go to MyHousing@Elmhurst College, Click on the button "Go to ApplyOnline."  Complete the New Student Application.  After May 1 both housing and tuition deposits are required.  Any medical or accessibility information provided in the application is important for emergency response purposes.  If you provide any information that may be important in your huosing placement, you will receive a follow-up correspondence to your home address.  This will outline the necessary documention for you to provide, should you desire the information to be considered in your housing assignment.

Step 5:  Roommate Request.  After you complete the application, you may request a mutual roommate in MyHousing by using the menus on the left to send a request to your preferred roommate.  Your roommate must have completed an application to be selected and accept your roommate request.  You can send requests, accept requests and check your roommate request status all on MyHousing.  You may request roommates through June 15.  Any requests in the system are sent to your personal e-mail account untiil you are assigned an elmhurst e-mail account.

Please refer to the 2013-2014 New Student Residential Living Instructions insert in The Place to Be Residential Living Brochure for additional information on the application.

Please feel free to contact our office and speak with any staff member Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. via phone or e-mail

Reminder:  Mail Your Student Health Record/Immunization Form to the Welllness Center By June 1.

This form was included with your admission and congratulations materials. The form may also be found online at A physical examination is not required.

Please note that the information provided is strictly for the use of Student Health Services and will not be released to anyone without your written consent.



Residence Life Frequently Asked Questions:

    • How can I guarantee that I'll have housing? Completed applications submitted between November and March 1 will be guaranteed space.
    • How can I request a specific roommate? First-year students are expected to have a roommate experience. If you would like to request a specific roommate, you and your prospective roommate must each submit a mutual roommate request by May 1.  Mutual roommate requests will be honored as space and timing permits.
    • How long does my room license agreement last? Your license agreement will cover a full academic year.     
    • Where will I live—in residence hall, an apartment, or a house? First-year student applications will be considered for residence halls. All transfer student applications will be considered for apartments (both on and off campus) and houses (on campus). Transfer students with one year of college experience or less may inquire at the Office of Residence Life about residence hall availability.
    • Can I cancel my housing request? How? If you would like to cancel your housing request, send an email notification to or a facsimile to (630) 617-3722 by August 1. Room deposits are non-refundable.

      Cancellation requests after August 1 (for those entering in the Fall Term) and December 15 (for those entering in the January or Spring Terms) require submitting an Application for Release. For students continuing enrollment, submission of an Application for Release does not guarantee release from the agreement.
    • How does the Office of Residence Life contact me? Please provide your cell phone number and current email address at the time of application. We will use the student’s current email address until the College email is assigned.

      We’ll make every effort to accommodate housing requests, but we can’t guarantee the outcome of the process. You’ll join a helpful, friendly, down-to earth community that fosters individual and community responsibility.

      In the meantime, if you have questions, contact us at (630) 617-3150 or We look forward to hearing from you!







Share |

Follow Us: Flickr YouTube WordPress

Elmhurst College • 190 Prospect Avenue • Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296 • (630) 279-4100 or (630) 617-3500


Undergraduate Admission • (630) 617-3400 • (800) 697-1871 •     New Incoming Students RSVP for Advising


School for Professional Studies • (630) 617-3300 • (800) 581-4723 •


Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy Admission • (630) 617-3752 •


Technical Support