‘TIS THE SEASON to get pick pocketed
It’s the holiday season and the bad guys are out for a buck.
• For all of you that carry a purse or bag, try to eliminate it while Christmas shopping.
• Keep your credit card or money in your front pants pocket or coat breast pocket where you can feel the contents of it.
• If you must carry a purse or bag, carry one that zips or snaps and keep it close to you and in front of you. Not on your back.
• It’s Christmas time and you want to buy lots of gifts, try to condense your packages into one bag, so that the other hand will be free to carry your keys when going to your car or to hold your purse or bag.
• If you sit down at a restaurant while in the mall or downtown, using a phone, or even when looking at clothes in a store; keep your purse, bag or packages in between your feet and legs so that you can feel it and always keep your eye on it.
• Don’t leave things unattended-they can grow feet and walk away!
• Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are going.
• When in a crowded area, hold on to your belongings and keep them in front of you.
• Pick pockets like crowded areas, since you can’t always avoid them because of the holiday season, be aware of who is around you and if they are too close to you or BUMP into you, hold on to your belongings.