PLA Student Requirements
For student's admitted into the President's Leadership Academy, successful completion of the program stipulates that each PLA scholar meet the following requirements:
Prior to the First Semester
- Scholars must participate in the PLA summer session (late July through early August, only the summer before the first year). Scholars must complete all assignments related to the summer session.
During Each Academic Year
Each PLA Scholar must participate in the following required activities:
- One-on-one meetings with a member of the PLA staff
- Attend bi-monthly PLA Leadership Forum meetings
- Participate in six (6) Leadership Development Experiences each academic year
- Attend the PLA spring banquet
- Participate in the PLA service project(s)
- Maintain membership in at least one student organization (serve in an executive board position during 3rd and 4th years)
- Earn and maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative and term grade point average
- Remain in good academic and judicial standing with Elmhurst College
Additional requirements exist depending upon academic year and academic performance.
The President's Leadership Academy is no longer accepting applications.