This program requires full-time teaching experience. To apply for admission, please submit:
- An application for admission to graduate study.
- Recommendations from three educators who can attest to your leadership qualities, communication skills, personal motivation, and capacity to succeed in graduate study.
- A 1,000-word statement of purpose describing your personal and professional goals and how graduate study at Elmhurst College will help you achieve those goals.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended. (Elmhurst College alumni do not need to request a copy of their Elmhurst transcripts.)
Students may apply to this program for the Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms. Preferred deadlines are:
July 1 for Fall Term, January 1 for Spring Term, and May 1 for Summer Term. Applications will be accepted continuously throughout the year.
After our initial review of your application materials is completed, program faculty will request an interview with you.
Students from outside the United States must also submit the following:
- An official evaluation in English by a foreign credentials agency of all university transcripts (along with copies of the transcripts themselves).
- Proof of English proﬁciency, as evidenced by a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL.
To get an application:
- Apply online
- Download an application (pdf), complete it, and mail it to us
- Request an application by e-mail
- Call (630) 617-3300
- Write the Office of Adult and Graduate Admission, Elmhurst College, 190 Prospect Avenue, Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296