The Cooperating Teacher Free Course Voucher Program grants cooperating teachers with one free graduate course to be taken in the Department of Education or English at Elmhurst College.
Listed below are specific details on the Voucher Program for Cooperating Teachers:
- Voucher is non-transferable
- Applicable on a space-available basis*
- Courses are available in the spring, summer and fall terms
- Teacher must be admitted as a graduate student in either a degree-seeking or non-degree-seeking graduate program
- Only one free course voucher can be used per individual per academic year
- Voucher must be used within two years of issuance
- Voucher covers course tuition only. Students are responsible for a $100 technology fee.
*If a desired course is full, students may be placed on a wait list by emailing email@example.com. Please include the desired term, course name and student's full name, email address and phone number in the body of the email.
What is a cooperating teacher?
A cooperating teacher is a licensed teacher who takes on the responsibility of hosting an Elmhurst College student teacher during a given school year.
How do you become a cooperating teacher?
Teachers interested in hosting an Elmhurst College student teacher should contact Dr. Jeanne White at (630) 617-6485 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who receives a voucher?
All cooperating teachers will receive a voucher after submitting their final student-teacher evaluation. Vouchers will be mailed to the home address provided by the cooperating teacher.
How to register
- Apply as a degree-seeking or non-degree seeking student and indicate which program of study you would like to use with your free course voucher. Contact Jeanne White at email@example.com for application information.
- Submit the completed application by email or mail to the School of Professional Studies, Elmhurst College, 190 Prospect Avenue, Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296. Do not include the voucher in your application packet.
- Upon receipt of your acceptance packet, return the Confirmation of Intention to Enroll form with the course voucher to the School for Professional Studies. The enrollment deposit and tuition will be waived with the course voucher. Students will only be charged a $100 technology fee. In the acceptance packet there will be instructions on how to set up your student account on BlueNet and your course account on Blackboard.
Contact Dr. Jeanne White at (630) 617-6485 or firstname.lastname@example.org.